update on my update

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I feel like I need to apologize a million times. The bead making is a sllllllooooowwww process these days. One word: Juniper. So here is where I am at:

Firing # 1 (of 2) is finished. The sneak peek pictures are from this firing. I separated the batch into two firings to 1.) avoid a circus in loading beads and 2.) to test some new glaze combos. I free glazed...layers of different glazes with not as much planning as usual. This resulted in some amazing new colors (and wayyyy ugly ones too). I tested first so I wouldn't ruin my whole batch!

I still have more glazing and a final firing to do (add in time for making sets/ photographing/listing). I am hoping to have it finished within the next 1-2 weeks. I don't have a specific date/ time yet- but will keep FB updated! If enough people are interested in an email reminder before the update, I can do that too.

**PLEASE NOTE**
I won't be doing any sales/ reserves before the shop update. I just don't have the time to check emails/ fb messages, etc. etc. and set them aside. This is a change in how I have operated in the past and a reflection of my new time constraints. Thanks for understanding!

Last bit of important info...I am hoping to do my shop update at my new website (instead of Etsy). I am moving away from my portfolio website to one that has a shop. Tax time is depressing because I add up my yearly etsy fees. Since I have a customer base now, I am hoping I can get away with moving away from Etsy (not entirely but some). IF my new site is done in time, that is where this shop update will take place. Stay tuned!
ancient beads
 stones, shells, sand dollars
 juni toony silly little time sponge


11 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie,

    Gorgeous beads! Looking forward to summer now! :)
    Can you email me when there's a shop-update, please? ellen.lambrix@telenet.be

    And I know, those little 'bandits' take all your time :)

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie, if you have enough interest for an email update I'd be interested. My emails are labmicha@maine.rr.com and michaulo@spsd.org . Thanks (Juni is adorable!!!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like an email update as well. ljeurto@gmail.com
    Love all the new beads!! Perfect!
    Excited to see your new website too! I have intentions of moving away from Etsy too,
    but haven't been brave enough to take the leap, fully and wholeheartedly.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet baby Juniper! You are such a joy! I don't think you should have to apologize. You are doing exactly what you need to be doing. Those babies don't wait! My baby just turned 16 and I shared a pic of him behind the wheel of our Bucky-Mobile when he was just 1 1/2. Now he could be driving as early as tomorrow morning! Woot! LOVE the seagull. It is so Lake Michigan! And love that you have a new website. I will follow you there for sure. I have been trying to do the same for sometime. I have plans to only sell one of a kind, one-offs and samples on my Etsy site. And all the rest is at my website. So far, so good. I just need to find time to list something on Etsy for sale! Let's hear it for taking control of our own destinies! Enjoy the day, Miss Kylie. Spring is sprung! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and your work is amazing ...you beads are brilliant and whimsical...fun and sweet. ty so much for sharing your creativity and talent with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s about time you established your identity by having your own website! Though it’s only wise that you did not entirely move away from Etsy. Surely, you already have your regular clients who check out your works there. I visited your website portfolio, and I must say your handcrafts are pretty impressive. Keep on making wonderful stuff! Cheers!

    Maria Villena @ Social Media Unity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving your shop from Etsy to your new website is a good change. This is a great way to manage your business easily, because everything is in one place. It will be much easier to update or make certain corrections, if there are any. It may require a bit of your time to finish it, but it's definitely worth all the effort once it's done. How is it, btw?

    Della Meyer @ Spark Local Marketing

    ReplyDelete