2014- bring it!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Thinking ahead to all the ideas and goals I have for 2014... my mind overfloweth. Seriously, I never have enough time to create/do/see all the things I would like to. I do have a tentative plan of shop updates (and a peek into new designs/ directions...which at this point are just ideas floating around in my brain/ sketchbook/ pinterest boards). Shop goals first, then my personal 'resolutions'...

SHOP update #1:
I will have a load of only owls (charms and beads) in multiple colors (and some coordinating round beads). I am hoping to have this finished up Mid January (perhaps a bit sooner). 


SHOP update #2:
Birds and Bees. These buttons must be circulating around the net, because I keep getting requests for them. I will be making these, along with some other bee bead sets. Also, BIRDS. Bird beads, soaring bird beads/ charms, maybe a few birds on a wire bracelet focals and NEW birds on houses (like my ornament but shrunk down to beads size). I have other custom requests out, I will hopefully get to some of them during this update. If you have a request, get it in soon!


SHOP update #3:
take me to the SEA. I think these ocean beads/ sets are my all time favorites to make. They speak to my soul. I will be making my usuals (starfish, whales, rustic pebbles). I will be bringing back my landscape beads, maybe making some different colors and perhaps making some larger. Also, NEW whales, anchors, seagulls, Oh my!

More inspiration sets. Curating these sets is fun and I love seeing what other artists create with them.
Peek at my take me to the SEA pinterest inspiration board...like taking a glimpse into my brain. Also, sweet beads and jewelry and artwork...
Planning ahead any more is just crazy. But you can expect some of my usual springy goodness along with new designs.
Earthy Pastel Boho...view my spring inspiration board here.


Some business goals for the new year:
updating my blog...CHECK! I wanted a cleaner look and it easier to navigate/ link up with all my other sites. Hover over a photo...see the nifty 'pin it' button. Love that.

Also, almost checked off the list...getting an external hard drive to back up my macbook. I know... I KNOW. I. AM. A. FOOL. for not doing this sooner. It is ordered.

AND some personal goals:
Trying to do with less stuff. I want more experiences. Both stuff and experiences cost money (for the most part). Since we are pretty much broke and can't afford both, I want to choose experiences. It is hard. Before I purchase that (insert a not necessary baby item here) I will ask myself...do I want this, or (insert current trip we are dreaming of).


Be present. Put down the iphone.

Also, continually striving to live more naturally. This year we are trading in our lawn for a larger food garden and I want to do away with all (most) commercial cleaning products. Some of the cleaner recipes I will be trying out are here.

I am looking forward to reading some of your blogs/ FB posts to see what everyone else has in store for 2014. Happy New Year. It is going to be a great year.



5 comments:

  1. omg, I just found you on Etsy, where I have just recently opened a wearable art store and I **love love love*** all of your artwork! Please create more beads and buttons- I guarantee you'll have a customer for life :) I love the owls especially. What talent! I'm going to link your blog from mine right now so I can find you. If you have an email list about your new items I'd love to be on it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy :) :)
    I will have more owls in 1-2 weeks. I always post details about shop updates/ new beads on my FB page- the best way to stay in touch with happenings in my studio. Here is the link to my page:
    https://www.facebook.com/kylieparry.fans?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw some of your owls on facebook, being used by Songbeads. They are adorable. Went looking for them in your Etsy shop, but didn't see any, so I'll like your facebook page and heart your etsy shop and keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. more owls more birds more houses more more more sea beads. OMG I'm in heaven. Thank you for the wonderful eye candy this frigid february morning!! You and your beads and your gorgeous house and that gorgeous baby of yours, all inspire me. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooooowww I looooove your beadssss!!! Have to save up!! I can't wait to make some cool pieces!!! Keep making such gorgeous beads!!!

    ReplyDelete