Spring & Summer Shows

Thursday, April 11, 2013

I'm starting to prep for 2013 spring and summers art shows. Only 3 this season (I didn't want to plan any too close to baby's due date). Each year I try to come up with some new ideas- for display and designs for sale. Here is a sneak peek of what you will find. The first show is only 4 weeks away in MN! Local peeps, see the end of the post for locations/ dates. 


New this year is a DIY necklace station...I will have big bowls of pebble beads so folks can choose their own unique combinations. In the past, I've found that people like the hands-on, customizable pieces. I hope this is a hit- I think it will be great fun!

For my glossy- shiny loving customers, I will have this new design. I like the simplicity and how the round shape looks with the ball chain. I made a bunch this week and am looking forward to experimenting with different glaze combinations.

Dragonflies will be back (it has been a couple years). Glazed in glossy hues- probably on a simple leather cord. 
 Pebble post earrings. In lots of rustic, earthy colors.
 Disk necklaces on cotton cord with adjustable slip knot closure. Just because I love these and think everyone should too.
 Inspired by the sea...whales, starfishes, ships...






I will be keeping the birds around this year (on my ladder display)...perhaps some pendant sets too. Lots to think about (and make!)
DATES/ LOCATIONS:

Craftstravaganza-
Saturday, May 11
St. Paul, MN
Minnesota State Fairgrounds Eco Experience Building

Art Market
Saturday, June 15 
Saturday, July 20
Appleton, WI
Downtown College Avenue, in conjunction with the farmers market
Show schedule can always be found on my website
p.s. many of these necklaces can be found in my etsy shop


3 comments:

  1. So pretty! I especially love the idea of a hands on component. That will be a big hit! And that last picture, with the artfully blurred birdies is my favorite. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a build-your-own necklace station. It'll feel like the customer is actually part of the process of making what they are buying. Good thinkin' girl! (Oh, and I hope you're doing well and feeling great so far in your pregnancy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My show neighbor had a build your own station. Just make sure you have someone with you to help because it can be time consuming especially when you have other customers.

    ReplyDelete