Pigeon River Soaps- Featured Seller

Friday, March 29, 2013

It isn't too often that you actually know someone who is the etsy featured seller...I mean really know (my mom). I thought this could be a glimpse into the 'behind the scenes' of this coveted honor. I was there the day she forwarded me the email from etsy admin. asking her if she'd be interested (uhhhh....duh!) and there when the panic set in (how much stock do I need, how many sales will I get, how will I get it all done, how?!?!?!?!). Deep breath. 

The etsy admin, before asking her about the interview, sent her convos advising her to update her shop (profile, etc.). Following those updates, she got another convo asking her to be the featured seller, giving the interview questions, photo requirements, tips and all that jazz. 

There actually was only a couple weeks to get all this done (and our Jamaican vacation was thrown in the middle). Days after accepting the offer, I drove up to my folks house and played photographer while mom made soap...and more soap...and more soap. I definitely started to see the flip side of being featured (the stress).

Luckily, she had spring break off (she works full time) and used that to prep for the increase in sales. 

You can read the interview (and see more pictures) here. Go mom! A well-deserved honor for one of the hardest working women I know. Any questions about the process? Let me know in the comments and I will personally ask the celebrity and get back to you ;)

Here's to hoping I spend easter weekend helping pack up soap orders (let the sales roll in!!)





2 comments:

  1. Your mom's soaps ROCK. I have ordered several times from her. Love them all!!! Congrats Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What an honor to be selected; your mom's Etsy shop is great. Also, I'm giving you the Liebster Award for your great posts! :) You can check out the details on my blog post at - http://lorisglassworks.blogspot.com/
    Cheers!
    Lori in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete