some BIG news

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I've been alluding to big changes coming soon and until now, I have been fairly sketchy about providing details. I wanted to wait until the news settled in and I had some processing time to wrap my head around what this news, this very exciting news, will mean for my shop/ business. 

(the cutest thing ever meant to catch poo)

(hi guys...I've heard you are pretty amazing)

(via)

I am expecting my new studio mate to arrive early August (our first baby...our first non-fur baby).

Tomorrow marks 15 weeks. Other than a short-lived, stint of 24hr nausea before the holidays, I've been feeling good! We got to see baby during our 12 week scan (and they predicted the gender!) and got to hear the heartbeat at our appointment yesterday.

Luke and I have been busy interviewing midwives/ researching care options,  hunting for deals (found an amazing deal on an ergo, moby wrap, stroller, etc. on craigslist- I love craigslist), and of course, the fun stuff....names and decorating the baby's room.

(my 12.5 week "bump"...lol, I do realize how ridiculous this is. Still no bump to speak of...)
 (Small peek of the nursery progress- we completely gutted the room, re-drywalled/ insulated/wired, matched trim to the original trim in the house, re-did the hardwood floors, painted, added crown molding...whew...we've been busy! The print is actually wallpaper and is my inspiration piece)


It didn't seem right to add all my business stuff in with this fun post...but a post on what all this means for my shop, will be coming soon. I really have no freaking clue how becoming a "work from home mom" is going to change things, but am doing lots of mental prep now, so to hopefully make a smoother transition once baby comes.

Also thinking about starting a baby blog eventually...don't want the beads to completely lose their spotlight :)

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I'm nearly 26 weeks pregnant, so it's all go here too!

    Take care, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kylie - AWESOME news ! Keep us posted :)
    Kaushambi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super big congrats! Motherhood is wonderful and it will definitely change your life! It's a change no one can really explain...rather it is a change that is meant to be felt through the experience! Cheers! Here is to a safe pregnancy and a happy, healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kylie! What fun parents you'll be!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful news - congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations - that's awesome news. Yes, it will change your life but in a wonderful way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Kylie, this is spectacular news, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Our first is due on April 1st!!!! So I'm definitely feeling your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news! And cloth diapering is amazing! If you ever have questions about cloth diapering, let me know! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer! I'm sure plenty of questions will come up :)

      Delete
  11. Wow! Sending a great big congratulations to all three of you!!!! Your lives will be so blessed with a new life!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy for you guys!! I know you'll be amazing parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats! I love your work too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Kylie!!! Very happy for you both, its an amazing journey & actually goes by quicker than you think :) the nausea SHOULD settle down soon (I hope) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So exciting! Congratulations! Glad to hear you are feeling good :) I am about 20 weeks and the first couple of months were kind of rough. Best wishes to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO happy for both of you Kylie! Congratulations! I'm going to be a 1st time Nana early fall!

    Lisa Staten

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Kylie! Congratulations! I was where you are 2 years ago. Having a baby completely changed my life and the direction of my business, but in a very GOOD way. I'm exactly where I want to be! And, you will be, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such sweet news! Congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  19. How very exciting! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so happy for you and your husband. It will change your life in a way no one can explain. It will also give you a different set of inspirations! Wishing you the best, ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how wonderful! I'm very happy for you both! :) Baby brings new adventures to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I am so happy for you! I don't think I still have your contact info, but if you email me your addy I would like to send you a crochet blanket! I still follow your blog regularly thru google reader....just been crazy busy! Anyway, email me sarenkeifert@gmail
    Again, CONGRATS to the both of you! Karen (mimi n moe's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! What a wonderful new adventure for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Discover how THOUSAND of people like YOU are making a LIVING online and are living their dreams TODAY.

    Get daily ideas and methods for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.

    GET FREE ACCESS INSTANLY

    ReplyDelete