best of 2012

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 was a busy, exciting, adventurous and magical year. Here are some of my favorite memories. 

January:
A peek into my studio (it is never this clean!)- Jan 2012- Jan 2013 was my first year as a full-time, self-employed artist. I made it. I learned a lot along the way, managed to pay all my bills and am looking forward to year #2. 
 February-March:
DIY kitchen re-model. If you follow me on Instagram (@kylieparry) you get a glimpse into our never ending attempts to fix up our old house on a very tight budget. It felt SO good to check another room off our list. Since, we have gutted our upstairs (which included a 2-3 month period of sleeping in our dining room) and I am happy to say it is almost finished as well!

 April:
Trip to Belize and Guatemala.

May:
I got a website!

June:
My little brother, Kelsey, got hitched. The wedding was a blast and I now have a sister :)

July:
Relaxing up north at the cottage- my favorite place. ever.

August:
Art shows. Always a ton of work, but so worth it. And we only got rained on once!

September:
Adventures in Wisconsin. Devils lake state park and Door county.

 October:
Fiji. Magical. Once-in-a-lifetime adventure.

November:
Visiting family in Charleston, SC.
 AND my hoot making it to the cover of Stringing- what an awesome surprise!
 December:
December was sooo busy and a complete blur. After my shop settled down and shows were over, we got to enjoy some time with my family. AND my little brother landed his dream job- my heart is so happy for him. He is now the site manager at the same nature center where Luke works.

Thanks so much for joining me here on my blog and best wishes for a joyful 2013. I am hoping to follow up this post with another about new things to come in the new year. HUGE changes are a coming :)

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful look back! I didn't know you had a website. I tried to check it out but the link didn't work right. Maybe it is just me. But what I see looks fab! I am hoping that you have a creatively inspired new year, Miss Kylie! Maybe this year I will get to meet you in person since we are both about an hour away! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how outdoorsie you are! Your photos are always so fab. I wish I was.....I just can never quite get into it.....the rain and I do NOT get on. Which is a bit of a bummer living in the UK! Especially the NW of England which sees a lot of it. However, 2013 should be the year of moving my ass a bit more so I should try and get out and about more than I do currently! Your gorgeous beads arrived on Saturday by the way - THANK YOU :-) Stunning as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eek! HUGE changes!? omg what!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was purposefully vague ;) BUT will tell as soon as I can!!

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed following your journey this past year and look forward to seeing what you do in 2013!

    ReplyDelete