sea turtles

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I've been holding on to these for awhile- every time I look at them they remind me of our snorkel trip to Hol Chan last March. I have always wanted to see a sea turtle and we saw several on this trip. It was amazing- one of those things that was on my "must see/do in this lifetime" list. 





I am hoping that this fall we will get to see these HUGE manta rays. Another must see on my list. I haven't talked about it much yet, but Luke and I are going to Fiji this fall- an epic 2 week island-hopping, back-packing adventure. One of the places we will be staying is right on a channel that is home to manta rays during certain months. We are bursting at the seams excited. At this point pretty much everything is planned/ reserved/ taken care of and we are just waiting (oh and scrimping/ saving/ selling body parts, etc. to fund the trip). 


photo credits: sea fiji


Sea turtles are in my shop. We are taking a long weekend up north at my folk's cottage to celebrate the 4th, have our annual 'caribbean drink night'/ river float and celebrate my mom's 50th birthday-woo! Lots of fun planned. Hopefully I'll have lots of pics to share back here next week :)

2 comments:

  1. The sea turtle is darling! What great trips you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your earthy glazes and finishes......oxides? www.workofourhands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete