long overdue...

Sunday, May 13, 2012

I've been putting off creating a website for myself for...years. The thought of a website was overwhelming- a combination of too difficult and too expensive. Then along came a show application that recommends a website in order to get accepted (instead of submitting photos for the jury process, the jurors peruse your website). I didn't get in the last time I applied and am hoping a website will increase my chances. Lorelei recommended this site and it seemed to have many of the features I was looking for- mostly it is fairly cheap and has really customizable templates. I *wish* it had an online shopping feature and for that reason I almost went with indiemade. But, I decided to go with squarespace, and for now just keep my shop on etsy.

Anyway, here it is! After a lot of cussing, emails to the help desk and one night up until 4am-yelp!....
I got it to a point where it is functional. It isn't perfect, but I think if feels 'me' and without knowing code or hiring a designer, it is about as good as it is going to get...for now at least :) Wish me luck on my renegade ap- I am submitting it today! It looks like a crazy-fun show to be a part of. 



Feel free to offer suggestions for improvement in the comments below- or if anything is confusing or glitchy. I can always use your help!
I hope all you moms- dog moms and cat moms included- have a great mother's day :)

4 comments:

  1. yay!!! SO happy for you and its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The website looks very nice, Kylie. I've been thinking about a website for myself so I'm interested in what other artists are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your website is really fantastic, it showcases your talent and style beautifully! I love the earthy feel of it. Your photos are stunning too. Your jewelry and beads are really beautiful; I honestly can't imagine you not getting accepted into a show. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is great! Your work is so earthy and real, you should have no problem getting in to a juried show! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete