inspired by...

Monday, April 16, 2012

inspired by...

past work. Some of my first designs- simple, rustic


travels. Ancient stone carvings- chippy paint textures.




old beads. ahhh,.....i am in love. seriously, if these weren't so expensive, I would buy them all and put them in jars around my house...just to look at.



beads found here.

these were calling my name and I had to snap them up. old blue Djenne glass.


I've been working on a bunch of new-old beads- with ancient textures and simple images/carvings. Here are a few in-progress peeks.






I am hoping to have these glazed/ready by next week. I will also have some more whales, beach-themed beads, disk beads and more...

7 comments:

  1. What a cool post! Looks like you have some great idea cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That old blue Djenne glass is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, the Djenne glass is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you're creating right now. And, I really like seeing the photos you've been sharing on Instagram as well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops - major typo in my previous comment...

    I absolutely love ancient rock glyphs and carvings, especially those I encountered among anasazi ruins in the southwest. And more recently, petroglyph and mound sites just a bit north of me in Ohio. There is so much incredible history practically in our back yard. I have recently been asked by my teacher (a Hopi elder) to create a series of Hopi symbols onto clay - I am very excited about this and will blog about it soon. Meanwhile, I can't wait to see what you develop here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Kylie. I'm really loving what you are working on in clay and the beads you are inspired by! YES! Yes, I'm really excited with this new line of old beads! I hope you will possibly make these pieces a regular line. I've got to go stalk your etsy shop, now!

    ReplyDelete