One year ago...

Sunday, January 8, 2012

One year ago today, Luke and I walked down the sandy isle and in front of our family, hotel on-lookers, beach peddlers and another wedding party (long story), we said our vows. Luke is the behind the scenes guy of 'kylie parry studios' and I really couldn't do it without him. From loving and supporting me, to changing out kiln elements, to helping me at art shows, he always has my back, and I love that about him :)


We met at a summer camp. We were both trip leaders- we took groups of city-slickers out into the woods and taught them wilderness survival skills....you know...like how to make smores and raccoon proof your coolers. After a brief introduction, Luke and I paddled a 3-day canoe trip in 9 hours (learning the route we would take kids on later that summer). Not your typical "first date". Naturalist Luke says the moment I correctly identified a Basswood tree from our canoe, he knew I was the one :) Damn...I'm glad I paid attention in 7th grade.

7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet story :) Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! I hope you have another amazing year together and many that follow =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. Great story!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! There is nothing better than true love... and a good education!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary. What a great story! I knew my guy was hooked when he decided to go canoeing with me instead of watching Nascar with all of the other guys. Hmmm, must be something about canoeing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Miss Kylie! Your beau is dashing and you are one stunning bride. Many, many more years of adventure await you!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete