test firing

Friday, January 13, 2012

Why is it when you reeeallly want something to turn out, it doesn't. So far, I haven't been able to get the folk art bird pendants to live up to what I see in my head. Don't worry, I'm not giving up yet...

See how fuzzy the drawing is? I'm thinking I just put to much clear glaze over top. *curses*


And then there are these...
Completely opposite of the birds....totally unplanned. I saw the glaze and had a little 'aha' and thought of a lesson I did with kids a couple years ago. I found some unglazed bisque beads, slapped the glaze on and VIOLA!
They remind me of a painter's smock- splatter-y, drippy, messy. I kind of love them.




As promised, Oldies but Goodies. I re-made some of my older designs, refined the design and tried them in some new glazes/ glaze combos. These and more will be available in my shop soon!







I'm loving this new denim glaze.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kylie - all of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all of your pieces, particularly the tree pendants. Do you mix your own glazes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All of the glazes I use currently are commercial glazes.

      Delete