Just for fun

Sunday, December 18, 2011

This blog post really has no theme other than it is almost Christmas and I have a new toy to play with ( a new camera lens). I wasn't happy with the indoor/low light picture taking ability of the stock lens that came on my dslr. The new lens does the trick. All of these shots were taken inside on a cloudy day- something the other lens would have struggled with.



I went through a sewing phase a few years ago and made these stockings.




Oh Finn...no matter how much we brush him or trim his hair...he always looks unkempt.



And, just a few soap shots I took for my mom's shop PigeonRiverSoaps. Isn't she all sassy getting her spring/Valentine's items made ahead of time!




That's all folks- thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Finn is ADORABLE and handsome. Some women like the scruffy look! = )

    Blessed holiday to you and your family!

    Lisa Staten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! I'm looking for a new camera - what do use? And - your mom does the cutest gift wrapping - I LOVE how she wrapped the soaps I recently ordered from her!
    - K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me more about the camera! The pics are great. I'm a favorite new follower! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!
    About my camera- I have a canon rebel xs. It is a couple years old and there may be a newer version out by now. My new lens is a 50mm f1.4 standard/ telephoto lens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Finn! I could eat you up! That pup is adorable with his disheveled little mug. Reminds me of my childhood pup Buffy. Great shots! The decorations just look so much like your style Miss Kylie. Those stockings are adorable. Makes me wish that I could sew.... Enjoy the holly-days! Merry Christmas!
    Erin
    P.S. I can't wait for Christmas morning when my husband will get his ornament in the stocking, that is all we get for one another. Thank you so much for playing an important role in my Christmas this year, Miss Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.P.S. Forgot to mention mom's soaps. Awesome! I am bookmarking that right now!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kylie! I have a canon point-and-shoot and am wanting to upgrade to something a little better - the lens on my mine tends to add some distortion in macro setting. Some day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the new lens! The shots all look wonderful :) And your mom's soaps look so pretty all wrapped up! OH and Finn is so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete