sketch book

Monday, November 7, 2011

My sketch book keeps me sane. I write down notes that I look back on when duplicating a design. I write down lists and supply orders. I sketch designs and new ideas to come back to. When I need a break from production (especially during busy times like the holiday rush), when I begin to feel more like a factory than an artist, my sketch book brings me back to the basics- sketching, designing, creating. Here are a few snapshots from my sketchbook- a messy page of glazing notes and some sketches to be made into decals. I loved to draw long before I discovered clay- it feels good to go back to it from time to time :)


4 comments:

  1. You are a crafty artistic doodler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I so love it when you share your creative process, Kylie, it is incredible! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way, Kylie. Although my sketch book is a stack of scrap paper clipped together. I love turning doodles and scratchings into something dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! I love the feeling of a good ink gel roller pen on sketch book paper. Having things to look back on that you spent time drawing out or writing about allows you to pop back into a creative mode in a snap (some days anyway). Such a great tool - delighted to see your finished work complete the circle :)

    Beautiful Kylie!!!

    ReplyDelete