Projects that never end...

Friday, October 14, 2011

Do you have home improvement projects...or for that matter, any type of project that you start and never seem to finish? For us, that project has been our dining room. I am happy to report, that after over a year of slowly working, it is FINISHED. Now I get to showcase my collection of garage sale chairs (these chairs are an obsession of mine...for another blog post ;)). The art is hung on the walls- my favorite Alicia Bock photograph, vintage tin ceiling tiles, hello sign and key collection. My vintage cupboard (another garage sale find) has been painted with a distressed look- we have one cupboard door left to install.










The before pictures. No, this is not from an episode of hoarders...I took this picture after we first moved in. This is our dining room complete with tools, hundreds of tubes of caulk, couch, frootloops and ZE-Brick fireplace. We tore that beast out and put in patio doors.




This weekend we are on to the next never-ending project...the kitchen. Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Your dining room looks beautiful. I have a similar butter bowl on my dining room table too. It came down from my husband's family who are from Wisconsin. Maybe butter bowls are a WI thing?

    Having just moved (again) we are in a constant state of renovation in this new old house. We have a kitchen to do as well. We just got done with a kitchen in the old old house. It never ends does it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how clean and uncluttered the room looks. It's something I strive for and never seem to manage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow but those photos look amazing. I love the keys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful dining room! I love the colorful mismatched chairs!

    I have so many unfinished projects that it makes my head spin. And let's not even talk about the projects that we haven't even started yet! It's a never-ending cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know you can create short links with AdFocus and make cash from every visit to your short links.

    ReplyDelete