Summer Art Classes

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I almost forgot to show off some of my students' work from this summer. Here are a few of my favorite images taken throughout the summer at the art center where I teach.

Stories on Clay- students (ages 9-14) made a series of ceramic vessels (using the new studio slab roller!) and decorated them with their own drawings using decals.




Hands on Art History- Students (5-8 yr olds) explored a classroom cave (ok..I had some serious fun making this), learned about ancient cave paintings and made their own. One of my favorite classes ever.




Garden Sculpture- Students (5-8) made a variety of projects out of clay, including these oh-so-cute garden insects. They are hollow forms with hi-temp kiln wire legs/wings/antennae. They were finished by placing them on stakes so they could be placed in the ground outside.

1 comment:

  1. I do love children's artwork. It's so fresh and unconstrained by convention.

    ReplyDelete