The Potter's Shed

Monday, June 27, 2011

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions! I decided against the grout. I did a grouted sample with leftover tiles and wasn't happy with the look. It seemed to "flatten" it, when one of my favorite aspects is the different tile heights. Plus I love the old wood peeking through.

I'm calling it The Potting Shed. I included some pics of my inspiration! Not sure what I'm doing with it yet..I might muster up the courage to enter it in our local museum's member show :) Or I'll keep it!




Picture from MySweetSavannah Blog

Picture from HumbleSeeds Blog

12 comments:

  1. Can you keep it AND enter it in the Museum member show?? I think it's really fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I had no idea you had a blog or I would have been following it a long time ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I WAS following your blog. I read it all the time. Anyway, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally stunning. YOu should definitely enter the competition! It's a stunning piece. I love how the tiles seem almost suspended without grout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you decided not to grout it.
    It's beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration, you really did evoke that same feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love. It looks awesome with no grout, and great inspirational photos. I wish I had a potters shed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love what you did. I'm such a fan of old drawers.
    And it totally is better without grout. Each piece stands alone as a little gem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kylie...I'm here via Vickie's blog and happy to find you.
    Your work is enchanting and I loved getting to know you a bit.
    I am a Lampworker and love designing Jewelry myself.
    Really enjoy your blog!

    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your piece the "Potters Shed" is just amazing! I have never seen anything like that. The colors and different textures are perfect and creating the piece in the old drawer is ingenious!!

    ReplyDelete