getting ready...

Thursday, May 13, 2010






Lately I've been thinking about and getting ready for summer art fairs. My first one is about a month away! I made this necklace holder out of 2 old frames that I got at a garage sale. I painted them in white with a distressed/crackle finish. My handy fiance cut and fit the cork in and sealed the back with a piece of thin wood. They are hinged together, so they stand.
I have been working on putting rows of "cup" hooks to hold the necklaces. Eventually there will be two rows of hooks.
I love how it turned out!

Luke also made me a set of cool wood boxes made from old chippy trim that we rescued off the side of the road last summer.
The perfect holder for my herb markers and such!

2 comments:

  1. yay! i didn't know you blogged! i'm so happy to have found you!!
    Love the display, very cute. And those plant markers are next on my WANT list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are they! I love the herb box, and the necklace display is awesome as well! Where is your first show of the season?

    ReplyDelete