happy dance!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010


Test tiles. fired once.

Glazes are on and the pendants are ready for their second firing. When i was a wee one I used to like my pottery at this stage best. I was always disappointed after it came out of the kiln. weird...

I aimed for a variety of different glaze finishes and colors, as I wasnt sure which would work best with the decals

I placed the designs on the glazed pendants...and fired them for a third time.





These images make this look too easy! Before getting it right I did lots of research, messed up, got help from fellow potters and finally after a few attempts, I succeeded. I did a happy dance when I opened the kiln and saw that I had gotten it right! I selected a few of my favorites and will be putting these in my etsy shop.
The images used in these test tiles are stock images. My next load will have my own original illustrations and drawings. So excited to have finally found a way to marry my 2-D and 3-D halves. Next exciting projects??? Desert plates and garden stakes with my drawings!

3 comments:

  1. These look great! I love working with decals, and I love the reddish brown they end up becoming. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I just came across your shop on Etsy, and I love your work. You really do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kylie. When I grow up I want to be you.
    You're very talented!
    My question is - how exactly do you get the prints on the ceramics? I would love to experiment but I do not even know where to start!

    ReplyDelete